Thursday, July 25, 2019

Back to School Shopping List

Since the students will have some supplies on the first day of school, I don't want to buy too much right now. Which is difficult. Only teachers really understand this. Every time we go to any store, but especially Wal-Mart and Target, we have our eyes open for useful things for our classrooms. Both a good and bad thing.


 I have a secret obsession with crayons. They are wonderful.
You can never have too many!
 I ran out of notebook paper last year, so I will be stocking up at back to school sales this year.


Folders are always needed. Student loses theirs or they get torn up.

I am constantly adding to my classroom library, so I will be hitting garage sales and Half Price Books pretty soon!
 I label the student's desk with nameplates. (Like most teachers.)



Give one of these to my students and they go to town. I ask them to clean to tops of their desks every now and then to help get rid of germs. They love it. They clean inside, under, the legs of their chairs, and some of the kids even did the floor around their desk! It made me laugh. They are also good for all those little spills or gross moments in the room. These come in handy!

I have the kids wash their hands with soap every time we go to the restroom, but I like to keep this in the room for after blowing your nose, sneezing, messy glue projects, and to use before lunch.

I prefer to use the fine tip markers with the kids. I like to put papers we are working on in small group in a page protector and let the kids fill it in that way. I use fewer copies and they are a little more engaged because they are using markers. The fine tips are better for that kind of work.


I am really going to be focusing on Interactive Journaling this year. I am going to buy a class set of these for my students. I am going to give them a try and then I can see if I should add them to our school supply list for next year.


This is what we asked for on the supply list. We will be decorating the fronts and using them every day. We will have a morning work journal, writing journal, reading journal, math journal and a science journal. I am really working on limiting my copies this year.








Make sure you buy many erasers and/or pencil top erasers as well because my kids always eat them in the first few weeks (teehee). I have no idea where they go!!







I use lots of page protectors for many different things. Such as, I just started using page protectors last year and I love them! You could also use your desk surface as a huge white board for the students...with the bound comp books, remind the students/parents not to tear the pages out...it makes the books fall apart!
















My students use glue sticks a lot more often than a bottle glue - less mess, easier to paste things into our Reader's And Writer's Notebooks/ Journals.











What have I forgotten? I know I will buy hundreds of pencils. Is there anything that I left off that you would die without? Let me know!! I love to see comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions. If you have any blog post ideas, please comment below and I will take it into consideration thank you. :)